Under the Workplace Relations Act 1996, pharmacist are now able to issue medical certificates only in respect of the area of practice. i.e. only issue medical certificates in relation to conditions (illnesses or injuries) they are professionally qualified to access.

There are 2 types of medical certificates that can be issued:

  • Sick leave: when the person is deemed to be unfit for work due to personal illness or injury.
  • Carer’s leave: when the person’s care or support is required for an immediate family member or member of the person’s household who has an illness or injury.

Please ask our pharmacists at Red Hill Pharmacy for more information.