10 Tips for Safer Healthcare
(provided by the Australian Council for Safety and Quality in Health Care)
- Be actively involved in your own healthcare.
- Speak up if you have any questions or concerns.
- Learn more about your condition or treatments by asking your doctor or nurse and by using other reliable sources of information.
- Keep a list of all the medicines your are taking.
- Make sure you understand the medicines you are taking.
- Make sure you get the results of any test or procedure.
- Talk to your doctor or other healthcare professional about your options if you need to go into hospital.
- Make sure you understand what will happen if you need surgery or a procedure.
- Make sure you, your doctor and your surgeon all agree on exactly what will be done during the operation.
- Before you leave hospital, ask your doctor or other healthcare professional to explain the treatment plan you will use at home
Visit us today and check out our range of pharmacy services.
Red Hill Pharmacy, 4 Duyfken Place, Red Hill ACT 2603 or call (02) 6295 8046